Work Injury Treatment and Prevention for Community Members of Vero Beach, Palm Bay, and Sebastian FL
Dr. Michael David is proud to be a trusted chiropractor serving Vero Beach, Palm Bay, Sebastian, and other nearby Florida towns. Come to David Chiropractic if you're struggling with work injury—a common and broad issue affecting many hardworking members of our community.
Why Work Injury Occurs
Most of us spend 40+ hours per week at work—that's a lot of opportunities to sustain an acute or chronic condition! While healthcare workers, construction workers, first responders, and certain other people with physically demanding jobs frequently sustain workplace injuries, even office workers are not immune. Common work injury risk factors include:
- Slips and falls
- Poor posture while sitting, lifting, or standing
- Repetitive movement, especially heavy lifting or overhead movement
- Poor ergonomics (set up of the environment)
- Weak core muscles
- Work-related car crashes
Indirect factors like overweight, stress, sleep deprivation and poor hydration/nutrition may also increase your risk of getting hurt on the job.
Common Types of Work Injury
Millions of work-related injuries are reported to the Bureau of Labor Statistics every year in this country. Common work injury conditions include:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: compression of the median nerve in your wrist, leading to numbness and tingling in your fingers
- Neck pain: generally caused by tech neck (repeatedly looking down at a smartphone or computer) or whiplash (rapid acceleration and deceleration causing the neck to whip back and forth)
- Back pain: muscle strains, ligament sprains, joint inflammation and misalignment, and disc injuries can cause pain in the upper, middle, or commonly the lower back
- Sciatica: when the sciatic nerve in your lumbar spine is pinched (often by prolonged standing or an acute accident), symptoms can develop including buttocks, groin, and leg pain, numbness, and weakness
- Plantar fasciitis: standing for too long and with poor posture can irritate and inflame the underside of your foot, causing sharp heel pain
What Our Sebastian Chiropractor Can Do for People With Work Injury
Our Sebastian chiropractor can help you recover from a work injury without exposing you to drugs or invasive procedures. Your treatment may include:
- Spinal manipulation and decompression
- Functional medicine (which assesses big-picture issues such as lifestyle, ergonomics, organ health, etc.)
- Corrective exercises
- Nutritional counseling
Together, these services help your body heal, reduce your symptoms, and improve your overall physical performance so that you can focus on your job and avoid recurring problems.
Ready to Recover From a Work Injury Accident Injury? Contact David Chiropractic
Become a part of our healthy hard-working family at David Chiropractic! Call 772-388-8788 to book an appointment with our chiropractor in Sebastian FL (also serving Vero Beach, Palm Bay, and surrounding communities).