How to Treat Personal Injury through Chiropractic Care
Personal injury is a significant health concern in the U.S. Each year, 22 million Americans visit chiropractic centers to seek treatment for various personal injuries including back pain, headaches, and sports injuries. David Chiropractic, LLC is known for its excellent chiropractic services. We treat patients from Sebastian, FL.
Common Personal Injuries
1. Back Pain
Back sprains often result from damage to ligaments and muscles. They may occur suddenly or gradually. Chronic lower back pain may be due to several conditions such as:
- Herniated disc: The lumbar disc's center can break through its outer layer and irritate an adjacent nerve root. Lumbar discs have a herniated portion which contains proteins. If it reaches a nerve root, it can cause inflammation and nerve compression. Naturally, the disc's wall has numerous nerve fibers.
- Degenerative disc disorder: As you age, the intervertebral discs wear down due to dehydration. It prevents them from resisting external forces. Over time, the disc weakens leading to herniation. It can also collapse and result in stenosis.
- Spinal stenosis: It narrows the spinal canal, therefore, causing acute pain. It may occur at an individual level or several levels in your lower back.
2. Neck Injury
Neck pain results in an injury which causes stress on your neck. It may be due to a variety of injuries such as:
- Whiplash: Whiplash occurs when a car accident causes your head to turn rapidly. It damages the neck's nerves, muscles, soft tissues, and ligaments. It has several symptoms such as dizziness, neck pain, stiffness, and tingling.
- Repetitive strain: Poor posture while sitting at an office desk can strain your neck. Over time, it results in personal injury.
3. Slip and Fall
Most states require property owners to build safe premises for guests. If you slip and fall due to the owner's mistake, you may get a serious injury. The property owner will pay for all medical expenses.
4. Ergonomic Problems
Certain ergonomic factors such as contact pressure, heat and cold exposure, strains and sustained postures cause ergonomic injuries. An individual event can stress your body tissues leading to injury or disability. Constant exposure to the risk factors may interfere with your body's healing process.
How Chiropractic Care Can Help Treat Personal Injuries
A chiropractor can treat back and neck injuries including whiplash. It helps in healing damaged soft tissue. In severe cases, a patient is ordinarily unable to detect the source of the pain. It results in serious health conditions if you do not prevent extra stress on damaged muscles and bones. A Sebastian chiropractor can treat discomfort and headaches.
Are you experiencing chronic back or neck pain? David Chiropractic, LLC focuses on treating severe pain and its cause. We have a vast wellness network that helps patients achieve their wellness objectives. Call us at 772-388-8788 to schedule an appointment.